Roof Leak Repair or Replace
Roof leaks are common for both residential and commercial buildings. After major storms, there can be extensive damage that can easily go unnoticed or ignored. For many, they will only need to schedule necessary repairs after wind or hail has damaged their roof. However, for others, tree limbs can cause catastrophic damage, causing the need for a full roof replacement. When you need to determine the condition of your roof, contact a reputable roofing company to schedule an inspection. From there, roof leak repair contractors can help to repair or replace your residential or commercial roof.
Contact Rojas Construction, (317) 899-9060, for roof leak repair services in Noblesville, IN as well as the surrounding areas.
Why Does My Roof Leak?
A roof leak can be due to a number of different reasons, including:
- Damaged shingles: Shingles damaged by wind or hail that are not repaired can cause leaks and water intrusion.
- Compromised roof flashing: When roof flashing has aged, rusted, or been damaged by the elements, it can lead to excess water leaks.
- Improper installation: A roof that is installed improperly can not effectively protect the home or the roof decking from the elements.
- Punctured roof: Falling tree limbs, hail, and more can dented and even puncture the roofing material, which can easily allow water in.
- Improper ventilation: Rooms like bathrooms, kitchens, and sunrooms that have little to no ventilation can see moisture buildup, causing serious damage over time.
- Age: Often times, the main culprit behind a leaking roof is the age. Older roofs, that have not been well-maintained, can easily lead to leaks and water intrusion.
Unfortunately many homeowners won’t find a roof leak until it’s during a heavy rainstorm. Which is why it is highly recommended to have a roof inspection scheduled soon after a major storm. Roof leaks can easily get ignored and neglected, but this can only lead to more problems. With an inspection, roof leak repair contractors can find if there is any minor or major damage to your roof. If there is any issue with your roof following a storm, contact a reputable roofing company, like Rojas Construction, for roof storm damage repair in Noblesville, IN. Call us today, (317) 899-9060, for roof leak repair services in Noblesville, IN.
What Damage Can a Leaking Roof Cause?
When there is consistent and constant water intrusion, there can be a multitude of consequences.
- Attic ceiling damage: Leaks can systematically cause damage to the property inside an attic, as well as the interior ceiling. You’ll be able to see this because the ceiling will darken and the paint or plaster will bubble and peel.
- Mold/mildew: One of the most serious consequences of leaking roofs is mold or mildew. Mildew can spread quickly through a home with constant water intrusion.
- Fire hazard: In many attics, electrical wiring may be present or more exposed. With constant water intrusion, your home is at a higher risk for sparks and potential fire.
- Higher utility bills: When water intrusion goes on for long enough, it can damage the insulation to the point that it is no longer effective. Ineffective insulation means that energy bills will be higher.
- Compromised structural integrity: Consistent water damage can ultimately damage the overall condition of the roof decking. If and when that happens, the wood can rot and deteriorate which will compromise the stability and integrity of the structure.
Constant water intrusion clearly has many consequences. So what to do if your roof is leaking? The first thing to do, which is actually always recommended, is to have a roof inspection scheduled after every major storm. Doing so can help you stay ahead of minor problems so they don’t become bigger problems, or worse, emergencies. Many homeowners want to know if roof leak repairs are covered by insurance. For any questions about water damage insurance claims help in Noblesville, IN, homeowners can reach out to a public adjuster for advice.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix a leaking roof?
Homeowners can cover any damaged area with a tarp to prevent further damage and then contact roof leak repair contracts, like those with Rojas Construction, for assistance.
Can a leaking roof collapse?
A leak will have to take a demonstrable amount of time for a roof to get to the point of collapsing. But a single leak will not be enough to cause a roof to collapse.
How much does a roof leak repair cost?
It will vary depending on the severity of the damage. Some homeowners could see the cost of repairs as low as $150 while others may pay upwards of $1,500.
Is a roof leak repair covered by insurance?
It depends on the reason that caused the leak, but in may cases the repairs for a leaking roof will be covered by insurance.
Contact Rojas Construction for Repair Services
Leaking roofs and the necessary repairs need to be done by a reputable roofer. Inexperienced contractors can make mistakes which can only lead to continued problems. Call Rojas Construction at (317) 899-9060 for roof leak repair in Noblesville, IN as well as the surrounding areas.